"I'm seeking appointment to the Commission on Judicial Performance because Californians deserve a transparent and accountable judicial oversight agency. I will work hard to change confidentiality rules that do not serve the public, to increase public outreach, and to implement practices that will restore public trust in the agency."
Joe's organization, Court Reform LLC, published a report that helped catalyze the first audit of the CJP in its 56-year history. He has been published extensively on the issue including in the San Francisco Chronicle, Daily Journal, San Diego Union Tribune, Mercury News, and by the Center for Investigative Reporting. Joe has extensive knowledge of the CJP's rules, policies, and history, and the best practices of other state judicial oversight agencies. Now he hopes to promote transparent, accountable government from within the agency.
Support Joe's Appointment
The CJP has 6 public members, 3 judge members, and 2 attorney members. If you want the courts to change, then support Joe's appointment as a public member by taking 1-2 minutes to call or email the Governor, Speaker of the Assembly, or Senate Rules Committee members, who are each appointing one public member for the term beginning March 1, 2017. A polite phone call is much more impactful than an e-mail.
Governor Jerry Brown
Phone: (916) 445-2841
Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon
Phone: (916) 319-2063
Senate Rules Committee
Phone for Senate Rules Committee: (916) 651-4120
Contact Info for members:
- Chair, Senator Kevin De Leon: (916) 651-4024, http://sd24.senate.ca.gov/contact/email
- Vice Chair, Senator Anthony Cannella: (916) 651-4012, http://district12.cssrc.us/
- Senator Toni Atkins: (916) 651-4039, http://sd39.senate.ca.gov/contact
- Senator Tom Berryhill: (916) 651-4008, http://district8.cssrc.us/
- Senator Connie M. Leyva: (909) 591-7016, http://sd20.senate.ca.gov/contact/email