Support Joe's Appointment
Three public members will be appointed to the CJP for the term beginning on March 1, 2017 - one each by the Governor, Assembly Speaker, and Senate Rules Committee. Joe has submitted his applications, now it's up to you to support his appointment.
Joe is asking for a few minutes of your time to call or e-mail Governor Jerry Brown, Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon, and the members of the Senate Rules Committee. You may say something similar to what is written below, or something of your own.
Subject: "Appoint Joe Sweeney as a public member of the CJP"
Hi, I'm [NAME] from [COUNTY], and I'm showing my support for the appointment of Joe Sweeney as a public member of the Commission on Judicial Performance for the term beginning on March 1, 2017. Joe is highly-qualified and has ideas for policy changes that will improve the CJP and increase public trust in California's courts. Please appoint him because he is the kind of person we want as one of the six public members on the commission.
Governor Jerry Brown
Phone: (916) 445-2841
Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon
Phone: (916) 319-2063
Senate Rules Committee
Phone for Senate Rules Committee: (916) 651-4120
Contact Info for members:
- Chair, Senator Kevin De Leon: (916) 651-4024, http://sd24.senate.ca.gov/contact/email
- Vice Chair, Senator Anthony Cannella: (916) 651-4012, http://district12.cssrc.us/
- Senator Toni Atkins: (916) 651-4039, http://sd39.senate.ca.gov/contact
- Senator Tom Berryhill: (916) 651-4008, http://district8.cssrc.us/
- Senator Connie M. Leyva: (909) 591-7016, http://sd20.senate.ca.gov/contact/email